Design the New Business is a film dedicated to investigating how designers and businesspeople are working together in new ways to solve the wicked problems facing business today. Rethinking business and design with human behaviour in mind. This short documentary is worth a watch!
Always great to read. Nice overview of 2011.
Graphic design from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Look here for 50 or more illustrations: http://bit.ly/pI8u4y
- Be useful. The real value of a planner is problem solving and coming up with simple solutions. Cleverness is simply a means to an end.
- Bring out the best in other people. Act as a catalyst for others by providing the conditions for informed creative thought.
- Be a linchpin, not only between people but also between brands and the audience they connect with.
- Have a deep understanding of human motivations and instincts.
- Have an experience of real life. Get out of the office to experience the real world and understand the people you want to experience.
- Create a working timetable both within and outside the office to best generate ideas and insights.
- Whether analogue or digital, the main task of any planner is understanding basic human communication.
Amazing photos of animals in the wild by Stefano Unterthiner.