- Be useful. The real value of a planner is problem solving and coming up with simple solutions. Cleverness is simply a means to an end.
- Bring out the best in other people. Act as a catalyst for others by providing the conditions for informed creative thought.
- Be a linchpin, not only between people but also between brands and the audience they connect with.
- Have a deep understanding of human motivations and instincts.
- Have an experience of real life. Get out of the office to experience the real world and understand the people you want to experience.
- Create a working timetable both within and outside the office to best generate ideas and insights.
- Whether analogue or digital, the main task of any planner is understanding basic human communication.